Welcome to the IE III Class Blog

Enjoy interacting with class members!

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

The mantis parable

 It was difficult for me to determine why the mantis refused to help the worm out, but I think i got it after some consideration. The mantis didn't help the worm because it totally wouldn’t survive in nature. Worm is like the absolute bottom of the predator’s pyramid, and literally any creatures or insects bigger than them, including the mantis can kill and eat them. I think that the decapitation gesture that mantis made was to suggest just that. Rather than just being mean, I think It was rather to suggest that you would want to be here rather than getting out and being eaten instantly. But providing that the mantis got trapped soon after, it might be wrong to think this way, but I had a thought based on how nature works, which led to this thought.


No comments: