Welcome to the IE III Class Blog

Enjoy interacting with class members!

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Stanley Pickle

Summary

 Stanley Pickle, a young man living with his mechanised family, found a girl playing with a bird outside the window. One day, he witnessed the bird's death and that the girl was in sorrow. He tried to cheer her by reviving the bird using his mechanical skills, but unfortunately his favor didn't work. He reflected on his actions, packs his things, and ventures into the forest with determination.

Opinion

I think this story describes how people can't let their past go. I can relate to Stanley, because I often miss those old days and think if only I could go back to the past. I think what was also bad to Stanley was his ability because he could make his old days back by making creatures mechanical dolls. However, what is sarcastic about what Stanley was doing is Stanley had to wind up the machines to get  the eternity and Stanley looked feeling annoying about that. I think he wanted to change but there were no chances to change until the girl went away from him.

No comments: