Welcome to the IE III Class Blog

Enjoy interacting with class members!

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Mantis Parable

Summary

This story is about a mantis being trapped in a jar by humans. And different kinds of bugs try to help the mantis out, until the fire fly and the butterfly succeeded in getting the mantis out. 

Opinion

I thought it was a very simple story with a very simple ending. I liked how the mantis used to be a larva, and when it grew to be an adult mantis, it probably thought "Oh, I can fly out of the jar now!" but, it couldn't because the human closed the jar. It made me think of life because I feel like life gets harder as you grow up. Eventually, the fireflies opened up the jar to help the mantis out, and I felt like that symbolized how everybody needs help and cooperation. 

No comments: